Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Riot is Now in Progress: Progressives as Pirates

The child in me never died when I grew up. So when I heard the phrase "...we'll board their ship..." in this Young Turks video, the image of progressives as pirates immediately leapt into my thoughts.

This isn't mockery, it's praise.

On my list of things to do:

Buy a parrot and teach it to say "We want universal health care now!" It'll sit on my shoulder.

Get a tattoo that reads "$15 or death!"

Make plans to march establishment Dems off a plank, preferably in the deep ocean.

Buy cutlasses at discount.

Start wearing an eye patch...oh, wait, I did that when the cancer was behind my left eye. Stopped it when the tumor was killed. I'll go back to that look.

The pirate nation is born!! Dear corporations, remember this line from The Black Pearl? "Take it all and give none of it back!"

Progressives as pirates. Works for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOTsK_WGNAc